Amazing city, it´s very picturesque with canal houses, house boats, canals and bridges, a city with a village-like charm. It’s easy to walk everywhere or rent a bike and join thousands of locals navigating the streets of Amsterdam.
Best time to visit is in the summer months, as soon as it get´s warmer the locals enjoy every minute outdoors. and the streets will be covered with terraces, the parks full of outdoor sports people and families, and the canals will be bustling with boats. Amsterdam offers a great dining and nightlife scene, a great variety of museums and art gallery´s, and it´s only 15 minutes by bus to the famous Cheese, tulips, clogs and fish villages. Find some amazing flight deals here
Things to do
- Bike tour, the best way to explore Amsterdam. Bike city also suitable with small children.
- Canal boat tour, discover Amsterdam by boat and learn about It´s History
- Anne Frank house, see the hiding place behind the large bookshelf where Anne Frank and her Family use to live during the world war 2
- Visit the 9 Streets, This delightful neighborhood with unique shops, charming eateries and great ambiance, There are many Hotspots to be found here and it’s very popular with Locals.
- Day trip to Volendam–Marken–Zaanse schans, Only 15 min out of A ´dam, those beautiful villages where you find Windmill´s, Cheese farms, fish harbors, traditional clothes and clogs.
- Broek in Waterland, a beautiful village with old dutch charm just out of the city, rent a small motor boot in Overleek teahouse or boat rental in Broek in waterland (no licence needed)and enjoy the beautiful surroundings finished of with a High tea
Where to eat and drink
Cafe Panache, Amsterdam West
Fantastic place for dinner or drinks in Amsterdam West next to the new indoor food market ‘De Hallen’. The restaurant use to be an old warehouse and is converted into a fun and vibrant place with a New York loft style look. The majority of the food is cooked over a charcoal grill, and the BBQ shell-fish is absolutely delicious , also perfect as a sharing platter. The ambiance is casual smart and perfect for any occasion, it’s the place for a romantic dinner, a group of friends or just a drink at the bar after work.
De Hallen, Amsterdam west
The foodhallen in Amsterdam West, The perfect place for a fun and casual get together with friends or colleagues. The foodhallen is a converted tram station with different street food stalls, a central bar and regular live music. A great spacious hangout when it’s raining. There is enough choice to please everyone, sushi, pizza, burgers, vegetarian bites, amazing Vietnamese springrolls at ‘Viet View’ and much more and if you like something a bit more relaxed and sophisticated there is also a fantastic a la carte restaurant ‘Meat West’.
Momo, Amsterdam Center
Restaurant bar & lounge MOMO in Amsterdam, delicious dishes in a nice Oriental atmosphere.
MOMO restaurant, bar & lounge blends the flavours and colours of the Far East with the style and sophistication of the West, bringing an exciting new concept to Amsterdam.
Boca’s, Amsterdam Center
Different kind of tapas
A great place for casual dining, great when catching up with friends. It’s a Trendy and modern cafe specializing in gourmet sharing plates of snacks and tapas, sandwiches & desserts. This place is in one of the nicest neighborhoods of Amsterdam and very popular with locals.
Hannekes boom, Amsterdam Center
bohemian waterfront restaurant-bar
I love this place,
A waterfront cafe, with live music and DJ nights, this restaurant-bar is located very close to the central station . It has a trendy and bohemian feel and it looks like a an old beach hut with recycled furniture. The large terrace with picnic benches on the waterfront is a great hotspot in summer. Although its close to the central station it is hidden and of the tourist track, so you a guaranteed to mix with the locals. They serve fish, meat, salads and tapas.
For more trendy Restaurants, Bars and child friendly hotspots in Amsterdam have a look here
Amsterdam Where to Stay
Where Do i like to stay
A place where music, art and food fuse together, The location is perfect, right next to the central station.
If it´s peace and quite you are after then i would not suggest this vibrant and stimulating hotel. Price from 200 € p.n
A new modern hotel fantastically located next to the Central Station with a sky lounge and roof terrace that has spectacular views over the city, definitely a Hotspot in Amsterdam.