One of the most popular City´s in Europe. The combination of great shopping, fantastic food, a long beautiful beach and big names in modern art and architecture like Gaudi. It was the perfect place for a weekend trip. The weather is lovely, the food delicious, the people are friendly and it is a affordable city compared to other big popular cities. For amazing flight deals have a look here.
El Born is my favourite area in Barcelona, with lovely clothes boutiques and in a great location in between the beach and shopping area and next to the popular Barrio de Gothic.
Where to stay
A modern and quirky hotel, the name says it all, in the middle of the Born neighbourhood. For me this location is a perfect base to explore the rest of the city.
Where to eat
The food in Barcelona is on of the best, it’s full of lovely Tapas bars, gastro bars and high standard restaurants. You can’t really go wrong here. Find below some lovely restaurants I really enjoyed.
A hip, Gastro bar in the heart of the Born neighbourhood. Llamber is a modern restaurant with a New York loft style interior, They serve a creative gastronomy in a casual setting, they also have a good selection of wines.
A Lovely vegetarian restaurant, serving plenty of vegetarian, raw vegan and some dishes with oily fish. A Great place for delicious and healthy food and juices.
- Arrange a bike tour, it’s so much fun and very informative
- Visit de Sagrada de Familia and other Gaudi projects
- Spend a day along the beach and enjoy a nice lunch, the best place to try Paella and Sangria
- If you love shopping then Passeig de Gracia is the place to be….you will find quirky boutiques in the Barrio Gothic and El Born areas.
- Take a stroll from Arc de Triumf into Parc de la Ciutadella
- enjoy an ice cream on Las Ramblas