What are the best places to visit in Praque?
One of the most beautiful cities with so much charm and so many historical attractions that have survived the violence and destruction during the second world war, it has been added to the Unesco list of World Heritage Sites. Considering that the city is so old and historical, its very colorful, clean and bright. There are plenty of restaurants and the Czech eat a lot of meat but there are plenty of Asian, fusion, Italian en vegan restaurants popping up in the city. There is a lot of cheap tasty beer going on in Prague, I’m not a big beer lover but I thoroughly enjoyed having a few beers in the beer gardens and squares, it’s probably one of the reasons that it is so popular with Stag parties. I was amazed by the large selection of high street fashion and designer brands that Prague shopping streets had to offer.
- E-bike tour, it’s fun and the best way to see all the great attractions and cultural sites of Prague.
- Visit the large beer garden with cheap beer and an amazing view over the old town, hundreds of Czechs gather here all year around. It’s located next to Letenský Zámeček in the Letenské Sady park just over the Štefánikův Most bridge.
- Visit the Žižkov TV Tower for amazing Cocktails or dinner and enjoy the spectacular view over the city.
- Visit the Malá Strana neighbourhood around the Castle, it’s beautiful with great restaurants and not to many tourists.
- Enjoy a Thai massage for only 12 Euros in Celetna street, just of the centre square.
- Join a segway tour, a new and super fun experience and a great way to see al the cultural sites in Prague. Do you think it looks easy?? Well, you will get the hang of if it quickly but don’t think it’s like riding a motorbike. Go on try it.
Where to stay?
A stunning and clean boutique hotel in the middle of the shopping street right in the old centre of Prague. The rooms are luxurious and spacious, perfect for all occasions, no need to look further. Book here.
Where to eat and drink?
Amazing wine bar with an amazing selection of local and international wines. If you love wine than this is the place to go. If you love white wine then BAD is a good choice. For more info click here.
One of the best Fusion restaurant in town, they serve an Asian-Vietnamese dishes and local produce. The tea smoked trout and pork belly are so tasty, as my south African friend would say, absolutely divine. There is a tasting menu of 6 courses for about 30 euros p.p. Visit website
Best shellfish plate ever, this bistro is a real treat if you love shellfish. The fish, wine and service where superb, the foto’s speak for itself, a little pricier then your average restaurant but we are talking oysters and fine wines. Visit website
Naše Maso, butcher and Sisters cafe
Naše Maso butcher and Sisters cafe are next to each other on Dlouhá street nr 39 are great places to try the typical Czech bites and delicatessen. The butcher has the best sausages and meatloaf in town and sisters Cafe has the best open sandwiches.
There is a lot of meat going on in Prague but if you are vegan or vegetarian don’t worry, there are plenty of vegetarian and raw food cafes like My raw cafe, with a great selection of raw sweet and savoury dishes. My raw cafe is located in the alleyway between Sisters and Naše Maso. Visit website
Amazing cocktails and dinner with a spectacular view over the city. The TV tower was voted the 2 nd most ugliest building in the world but inside it’s pretty spectacular. Are you looking for a romantic spot for a wedding proposal then this restaurant could be a great option. You must try a Cosmopolitan with dry ice in the bar on the 3 th floor and take it up to the 4 th floor where you can enjoy the 360 degree view. On a negative note, the place would have been the best cocktail bar + dancing in Prague if the bar was on the 4 th floor. At the moment you can only visit the 4 th floor with your cocktail by going thrue the reception on the 1 st floor, what a terrible shame. Visit website
Prague is very fashionable and great for shopping but i strongly suggest you leave your high heels (in fact any type of heels) at home, think trainers is the new heel, all the streets are gobbled and will devour your precious louboutines.
Some modern art in Prague
Have a look for some great flight deals to Praque here