This salad is so delicious it is fresh, spicy and full of healthy herbs.
- Chicken or turkey mince
- Fresh parsley, small handful
- Fresh mint, small handful
- Fresh coriander, small handful
- Fresh Thai basil, small handful
- Fresh chives
- 2 inch cucumber
- Juice from 5 limes
- Table spoon of fish sauce
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1/2 -1 chilli or 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 shallots
- large lettuce leaves
- 1-2 table spoons toasted rice (Khao Khua) You can buy toasted rice ready-made or make your own by toasting dry white rice in a pan until golden brown and blend in a powerful blender or crush in a mortar, this will give a nice nutty flavour and it bind the juices in the salad.
Add all your herbs, garlic, ginger, 1/2 of your lime juice and chilli to your food processor and blend, not too much you like to keep it chunky. don’t be shy with the herbs they have so many health benefits.
Add some sesame oil and garlic to your wok and add your minced chicken and fry just a little. Add a glass of water and the remaining lime juice and boil until your chicken is cooked. Then add your green mixture, shallots and fish sauce and take the pan of the heat, add your toasted rice, stir and serve on crispy lettuce leaves and slices of cucumber